It’s that time of year again: back to friends, new teachers, homework, and learning! While your kids may be really excited, you might be feeling a bit stressed, having to get everything together and making sure they have what they need for the start of the new year. To help you out, we’re sharing a list of some of our go-to back to school essentials. Happy shopping!
Back to School Shopping Guide: What You Need
- Backpack: If your child is due for a backpack, there’s no better time than going during this season when the options are bountiful! Make sure that you find a backpack that’s the right size/height for your child.
- Lunchbox: Another special purchase that you will use a ton if your child is bringing is or/her own lunch. Have them pick out their favorite lunchbox, making sure that it has ample storage space and offers proper insulation.
- Water bottle: If the lunchbox you find doesn’t come with one, you’ll one for the season. We like water bottles that are BPA-free, made of stainless steel and spill-proof.
- School supplies: This varies by age but generally includes pencils, paper, notebooks, crayons, folders, binders, ruler, construction paper, markers, glue, erasers, calculators, and more. While this is a lot to shop for, there are also tons of sales during this time of year. Look online for savings starting now through September.
- Pencil box: A fun way for your child to to store their pencils, markers or pens, pick out that’s functional and durable.
- Calendar/organizer: This is a great option for older kids where they chart their activities and stay on top of their homework.
- Socks: A fall and winter must-have, we love socks, like our Sonya Girls Socks,that offer breathability and comfort to little toes.
- Shirts: Stock up on a collection of t-shirts, long-sleeve shirts for the fall. Make sure you have enough tanks like our Emma Girls Camisole and tees like our Hannah Girls Tunic Top for late August-early September when it’s still pretty warm out.
- Shorts: While you may still have shorts from the summer, you might need some new ones for their after school activities like our Ella Dance Shorts for gymnastics or dance.
- Leggings: Another cooler weather favorite are comfortable leggings. Great to wear as is or under dresses or skirts, our Jada Leggings offer the ultimate in breathability, stretch, durability, and comfort!
- Rainy Day Essentials: Squash those rainy day blues by being ready for the inevitable. This includes rain boots, a rain jacket, and umbrella.
- Winter Essentials: While we don’t want to think about it, winter will be here before we know it! Make sure you’re ready by getting your child a winter jacket, boots and sweaters that are a must for the colder season.
- Sneakers: An essential for school and play, have your child’s food remeasured for the start of the new school year. This might also include a light slip on shoe, boots, and/or sandals.
- Underwear: A good start of the season, is to stock up with around 10-14 pairs of comfy undies like our Liam Boxer Briefs for boys or our Annika Girls Boyshorts for girls. Check out more about how our sizing works to ensure that you’re getting the right size for your kiddo.
What are the go-to items that you look for when you’re doing your back to school shopping?